Let’s review the most recent news…
- According to Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari will fight for the title this season. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2963413/World-champion-Lewis-Hamilton-thinks-Ferrari-Red-Bull-make-challenge-win-title-year.html
- Niki Lauda, who has celebrated his birthday in the paddock from Barcelona today, has got a new private jet. http://www.heute.at/news/wirtschaft/art23662,1127478
- A call from Sabine Kehm (the personal assistant of Michael Schumacher) then another one from Sergio Marchionne definitively convinced Sebastian Vettel to join Ferrari from this year. http://www.express.de/motorsport/sabine-kehm-zog-faeden–schumi-managerin-brachte-sebastian-vettel-zu-ferrari,4595266,29917822.html
- Sebastian Vettel would agree to change his helmet design during the season if the penalty was a fine and the money would go to some foundations. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117767
- At the lunch break, Carlos Sainz Jr was on the top of the classification in Barcelona (1’25”604 – time signed onto the supersoft tyres at 12:24pm ; 59 laps completed). Sebastian Vettel was second in 1’26”312 (58 laps). Nico Hülkenberg joined them in the top 3 in 1’26”591 (33 laps).
- The morning session ended on a red flag at 12:34pm. Fernando Alonso hit the wall after an off-track between the turn 3 and 4. The Spanish double world champion is ok and conscious; this news is reassuring everybody and especially his dad in the McLaren garage. The Matador has been transported to hospital by helicopter for further checks. http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/statement-mclaren-honda/
- Sebastian Vettel was just behind Fernando Alonso when he crashed. The Little Prince went to the McLaren garage. The Ferrari driver told them what he saw by hoping it would help them. (credit: twitter.com/missvaro)
- The afternoon session will be delayed. It will start at 2:15pm instead of 2pm.
- On tomorrow, Sauber will be on track in Barcelona. They’ll shoot a filming.
(credit pic: newscom.com)