Let’s review the most recent F1 news…
- Carlos Ghosn said during the Motor Show in Frankfurt that Renault was in talk with its customer teams to end the contracts earlier. They didn’t want anymore to be just an engine supplier in F1. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120825
- This weekend, Nico Rosberg will use a 4th PU. Mercedes will take advantage of the FP1 to test the new engine introduced in Monza.
- Today, Manor has announced on twitter (twitter.com/manorf1team) that Alexander Rossi would replace Roberto Merhi in Singapore, Suzuka, Austin, Mexico and SP. The Spaniard joins Fabio Leimer as a test driver. Roberto will find back his seat in Sochi and Yas Marina.
- Sauber will have a short nose in Singapore.
- The Mexico autodromo has renamed the curva 1 Sergio Perez and the turn 17 Nigel Mansell.
- Williams thinks they’ll fight with Ferrari in Singapore thanks to their upgrades.
- According to the Italian magazine “Autosprint”, Ferrari will use the aero package from the Spanish GP in Singapore. In Austin, they’ll have a 5th PU, a new floor and a new engine cover. Regarding 2016, the Red Devils are working on a thigher rear, a more compact MGU-K and a cranckcase.
- Ferrari would work with Haas in the wind tunnel to prepare the third aero evolution of the SF15-T car. http://www.sportnotizie24.it/news/formula-1/37714/ferrari-nuova-power-unit-aerodinamica-messico-singapore
- The FIA drivers commission had a meeting in Paris. They talked about safety and the young drivers training. http://www.fia.com/news/fia-drivers%E2%80%99-commission-meets-paris-0
- Some new cameras will be tested in March 2016. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120831