Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Today, there have been three drivers announcements: Pascal Wehrlein (Sauber), Felipe Massa (Williams) and Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes). http://www.sauberf1team.com/news/pascal-wehrlein-joins-sauber-for-2017-season ; http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/felipe-massa-to-replace-valtteri-bottas-for-2017-season ; http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mercedes-amg-f1/amg-f1-news/amg-f1-article/watch-live-announcement/
- Nico Rosberg will be an ambassador for Mercedes. On Wednesday, he’ll take part in the WEF 2017 in Davos. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosberg-accepts-ambassadorial-role-at-mercedes-865998/ ; http://www.hintsa.com/blog/2017/1/15/hintsa-performance-joins-the-world-economic-forum-for-the-second-time
- Renault will launch their new car on the 21st of February. The 22nd of February was booked by Force India. The following day, it will be Mercedes. Both of Ferrari and McLaren chose the 24th of February.
- Paddy Lowe left Mercedes. http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mercedes-amg-f1/amg-f1-news/amg-f1-article/paddy-lowe-to-leave-mercedes-amg-petronas-motorsport/ He should join Williams. James Allison could work with the triple world champions in title. Frederic Vasseur left Renault. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127708/vasseur-explains-decision-to-leave-renault They won’t replace him.
- Minttu Räikkönen co-created a children’s clothing collection. http://www.cosmopolitan.fi/blogit/didem/minttu-raikkosen-lastenvaatemallisto ; http://www.elle.fi/muoti-kauneus/minttu-raikkoselta-lastenvaatemallisto/
- Last Saturday, it was the wedding of Mika Häkkinen in Rovaniemi. http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/art-2000005046049.html ; http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/art-2000005045752.html
- Pirelli unveiled its tyres selection for the four first races 2017. http://www.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/australia-china-2017-compounds ; http://hub.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/bahrain-russia-2017-compounds
- This weekend, there will be the Race of Champions in Miami. This is the line-up: http://twitter.com/RaceOfChampions/status/821039120252370944
- Manor could be saved… http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127754/
- Mick Schumacher aims the F1 challenge from 2019. Ferrari keeps a look on him. They wouldn’t be against the idea to count him in the FDA. He’s already a part of the Mercedes family. Bernie Ecclestone is looking forward to seeing again a Schumacher in F1. So are the fans. http://www.express.de/sport/motorsport/ferrari-oder-mercedes–ecclestone-will-mick-schumacher-schnell-in-formel-1-holen-25483076 ; http://www.express.de/sport/motorsport/ferrari-und-mercedes-buhlen-welches-auto-faehrt-mick-schumacher–25534342
- Last Friday, Toro Rosso said that their 2017 F1 car passed the FIA crash-test. http://twitter.com/ToroRossoSpy/status/819848451517251586
- Daniel Ricciardo supports a good cause. Respect for this great bloke! http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/daniel-ricciardos-drive-to-beat-depression/news-story/5ab4dd4f67274374df12747224e51920
- Both of Mercedes and Nico Rosberg are nominated to the 2017 Laureus World Sports Awards. The ceremony will take place on the 14th of February in Monaco.
- Last year, Fernando Alonso had an awful crash in Melbourne. The FIA simulated it with the halo. There is its report: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-simulated-alonso-s-australian-gp-crash-with-halo-865841/
- The French GP will be back on the F1 calendar in 2018. Le Castellet will host the race. It was confirmed during a press conference in Paris last month.
(credit pic: newscom.com)