Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Stoffel Vandoorne said that McLaren would have some new components for the two next races.
- Renault won’t introduce any big mechanical development before Montreal. Red Bull will have to wait a while before fighting with Mercedes and Ferrari.
- Sebastian Vettel will spend the end of the week in Maranello. He’ll work in the F1 simulator to prepare the Chinese GP. (credit: twitter.com/scuderiaferrari) ; http://www.express.de/sport/motorsport/im-ferrari-simulator-vettel–vorgluehen-fuer-china-boeller-26293484
- On tomorrow, Jean Todt, Liberty Media, the engine suppliers, the automotive manufacturers, the independant suppliers will attend a meeting in Paris. They’ll talk about the PU for 2021.
- On the 30th of May, both Ferrari drivers will take part in a charity soccer game in Turin. http://fai.informazione.it/BBEC32E1-8642-42D5-8AFB-74A6FEAA11C8/Gianni-Morandi-e-Sebastian-Vettel-il-30-maggio-a-Torino-per-la-Partita-del-Cuore-2017
- McLaren signed a partnership with Amazon for a documentary about the 2017 season and Stoffel Vandoorne. http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/mclaren-collaborates-with-amazon-prime1/
- According to the rumour, Bernie Ecclestone could attend the Bahrain GP.
- In August, Jenson Button will drive the M23 at Monterey Motorsports Reunion. http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/jenson-drive-m23-laguna-seca-2143678/
- Sergio Perez said that Williams, Toro Rosso and Haas are much faster than Force India.
- Antonio Giovinazzi impressed Sauber and the whole paddock with his performance in Melbourne. The press hopes he’ll replace Kimi Räikkönen at Ferrari when the Finn will retire.
- Fernando Alonso is the most popular driver according to a F1 survey.
- The Mercedes W08 is too heavy. The German team works hard to reduce its weight. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-targets-reducing-weight-of-its-f1-car-887874/
- According to the German press, Audi and Stefano Domenicali will attend the next meeting with the F1 constructors.
- After the Bahrain GP, the FIA will decide whether they have or not to add more DRS zones to make overtakings easier on race.
- There will be a concert of Justin Timberlake during the American GP weekend.
(credit pic: newscom.com)