Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- The first Indy test of Fernando Alonso is scheduled on the 3rd of May from 9am until 5pm. https://twitter.com/McLarenIndy/status/855369033633456128
- On the 1st of May, Daniel Ricciardo will take part in a show run with Red Bull in Budapest. http://www.redbullracing.com/article/one-great-race-budapest-0
- Red Bull will introduce a major upgrade of its chassis in Barcelona.
- On the 25th of May, the movie about Bruce McLaren will be in cinemas. https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/855036110455676928
- There will be some works at the Montreal circuit until mid-May. The FIA asks the Canadian GP promoter to replace the gravel traps by portions of asphalt and the guardrails by SAFER and Tecpro barriers. They also wanted the dangerous last chicane called “wall of champions” to be straightened. http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/04/13/une-piste-adaptee-aux-nouvelles-voitures-de-f1
- According to Helmut Marko, Red Bull could leave F1 if Liberty Media doesn’t allow the coming of an independent engine supplier for 2021. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/interviews/2017/4/red-bull-drivers-must-be-patient–helmut-marko-q-a.html
- Renault designed a 2027 F1 concept car. http://media.renault.com/global/en-gb/renault/Media/PressRelease.aspx?mediaid=90005
- The mid-field teams are impressed by Renault’s huge progress.
- Contrary to Christian Horner, Gunther Steiner doesn’t want the FIA to ban the T-Wings.
(credit pic: newscom.com)