Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Today, the FIA and the F1 Strategy Group have attended a meeting in Paris. This is the summary: http://www.fia.com/news/constructive-f1-strategy-group-and-commission-held-paris
- Sebastian Vettel could use his Puma Evoknit Driver Pro socks in Sochi. The concept has just been homologated by the FIA. http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-vettels-erfolgsrezept-10923595.html
- Liberty Media wants a race by night in NY in 2019. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-kalender-2018-12003777.html
- Long Beach is interested by hosting a GP. A feasibility study is underway. http://soymotor.com/noticias/long-beach-analiza-la-viabilidad-de-tener-un-gran-premio-de-f1-933148
- Honda will bring an upgrade in Sochi aiming to improve the reliability of the MGU-H.
- The F1 Strategy Group wants to help Honda to solve its troubles. Mercedes could become their consultant. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-could-play-role-in-honda-f1-recovery-plan-897829/
- Last weekend, Fernando Alonso was in Indianapolis. Programme=press conference, seat fitting, etc. He spent his Tuesday in Honda’s IndyCar simulator. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-4443522/Alonso-visits-Andretti-Autosport-HQ-seat-fitting.html ; https://twitter.com/McLarenIndy/status/856882187442032643
- Honda could supply engines to Sauber in 2018. They’re close to an agreement.
- Force India plans to introduce a new floor in Barcelona.
- The F1 Strategy Group is against the rule of three engines per season for 2018.
(credit pic: belgaimage.be)