Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Sauber expects to make a big step forward thanks to some major upgrades scheduled for the three last races before the summer break.
- Renault would agree to supply engine to another team in 2018 if there was any interested customer. If McLaren wants to leave Honda at the end of the season, they could think about this option.
- McLaren should decide whether they stay or not with Honda in 2018 during the summer. Mercedes will remain neutral until they make their choice. By the way, supplying engine to the British team isn’t on their priorities list right now as Toto Wolff said.
- Liberty Media and the FIA are currently working on a ‘Robin Hood’ plan to reduce F1 costs and distribute income more equitably from 2021. Good luck for the next negociations with the F1 Strategy Group!
- This is an ITW with Chase Carey: https://twitter.com/fia/status/877465111509835776
- Yesterday, Jean Todt invited Toto Wolff, Carlos Sainz, Stefano Domenicali and Chase Carey at the FIA sport conference 2017 in Geneva. They talked about the motor sport’s future and technology. http://www.fia.com/news/racing-towards-future Today, there will be Jean-Eric Vergne, Alejandro Agag, Rodi Basso, Harald Wester and Sir Patrick Head for the second session. (credit: twitter.com/jeanericvergne)
- Today, Sauber has confirmed that Monisha Kaltenborn had left the team from Hinwil. https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/statement-by-the-chairman-regarding-monisha-kaltenborn This weekend, Beat Zehnder and Jorg Zander will be in charge of the team’s operations in Baku. (credit: twitter.com/adamcooperf1)
- Sauber is fair with its both drivers. https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/statement-by-the-chairman-of-the-board-on-media-reports
- Lucas Auer would be close to get a test with Force India. He could maybe take part in the testing days in Budapest. http://soymotor.com/noticias/lucas-auer-cerca-de-probar-con-force-india-tras-el-gp-de-hungria-935775
- Here is all what you need to know about the eighth round of the 2017 season: http://www.fia.com/news/streets-baku-welcome-f1-second-time ; https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/6/Fast_facts_-_Azerbaijan.html ; https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/6/Virtual_Circuit_Guide_-_Azerbaijan.html ; https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/6/F1_Vault__Azerbaijan_s_place_in_street_circuit_history.html
- Here is the FIA official press conferences schedule for this weekend: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/6/f1-baku-fia-press-conference-schedule-azerbaijan.html
(credit pic: newscom.com)