Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- The FIA brings a few changes to the blue flags rule for Baku. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-blue-flag-tweak-azerbaijan-gp-921235/
- According to the Italian newspaper “La Gazzetta dello Sport”, Ferrari could have a mechanical upgrade this week-end. https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/877558165642113024
- Today, Pirelli has announced the tyres selection for Spa and Suzuka. http://news.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/belgium-japan-2017-compound
- The hard tyres won’t be used anymore this season. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-pirelli-drops-hard-tyre-921293/
- Both Force India drivers will be free to fight on race. The Indian team hasn’t changed its opinion regarding team orders.
- Colin Kolles won’t replace Monisha Kaltenborn at Sauber. The paddock from Baku talks about Jost Capito, Frédéric Vasseur, Dave Ryan and Graeme Lowdon.
- Today, Frédéric Vasseur would have visited Sauber in Hinwil. https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/878009130740584449
- On Saturday, Haas will try a new approach in qualifying tries to avoid the traffic troubles. “We’ve both got a person, looking at just traffic and nothing else so it can just be like a spotter on the GPS so hopefully that will help.” Kevin Magnussen said.
- The FIA clarifies the F1 oil rule before the start of the Azerbaijan GP. “We consider the use of oil as fuel to be prohibited by the Technical Regulations. […] For the avoidance of doubt, the only fuel that may be used for combustion is petrol, and the only permitted characteristics of that petrol are clearly set out in Article 19 of the Technical Regulations. […] Even though the Technical Regulations do not directly specify the permitted characteristics of engine oil used in F1, we would consider any attempt to use additional components or substances in oil for the purpose of enhancing combustion as a breach of the Technical Regulations.” Marcin Budkowski explains in a letter sent to the F1 teams.
- Here is the transcript of the Thursday FIA official press conferences: http://www.fia.com/news/f1-vandoorne-i-dont-think-we-have-high-hopes-well-try-our-best-our-side ; http://www.fia.com/news/f1-bottas-ive-had-no-idea-point-whats-going-be-next-year
- This weekend, both McLaren drivers will use a new MGU-H so they’ll have a grid penalty on Sunday (P+15). Stoffel Vandoorne will change his PU after the FP2 so he’ll get another P+15 grid penalty. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-alonso-vandoorne-penalty-baku-f1-921383/ ; https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/877875684932108299
- Liberty Media and the American GP promoters will delay the qualifying tries (start: 4pm instead of 2pm). The reason is financial: attract more fans at the Justin Timberlake concert and a new public in F1.
(credit pic: motorsport-magazin.com)