Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Yesterday, Lewis Hamilton won the ESPYS best driver award. https://twitter.com/thebuxtonblog/status/885422912626229249
- Today, Pirelli has announced its tyre selection for Mexico. http://news.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/mexico-2017-compounds
- Here is the FIA official press conferences schedule for this weekend: https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/885430164917800960
- Here is the transcript of the Thursday official press conference: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/fia-thursday-press-conference—great-britain.html
- On tomorrow, Sebastian Vettel will test the shield in FP1. https://twitter.com/janci1612/status/885506974565183489 ; https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/885528567026765826
- The British GP has started pretty bad for Toro Rosso… https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-rosso-investigation-british-gp-930103/
- Fernando Alonso will use the spec-3 engine in Silverstone. He’ll have a grid penalty.
- Christian Horner thinks it would be wiser to introduce the shield in 2019 rather than in 2018. The FIA would have more time to test and develop it properly. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horner-warns-shield-cockpit-introduction-929751/
- Honda will decide whether they stay or not in F1 in october. McLaren would have already talked to Renault for 2018. Regarding Sauber, the Swiss team still has got either Mercedes or Ferrari as an option. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/honda-zukunft-entscheidung-im-oktober-12258432.html
- According to the rumour, Charles Leclerc could get a F1 seat at Sauber in 2018 if Ferrari supplies them engines.
- Formula 1 joins snapchat from this weekend. Liberty Media signs a partnership with Snap Inc. for Silverstone, Singapore, Suzuka, Austin, Mexico, SP and AD. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/formula-1–and-snap-inc–announce-new-global-partnership-.html
(credit pic: sutton-images.com)