Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- From July 18th until July 19th, Williams (Lance Stroll) and Haas (Antonio Giovinazzi) will be on track in Silverstone for the Pirelli testing days. They run the 2018 proto slick tyres (225 laps completed) but their programme could change on tomorrow (risk of rain). (credit: twitter.com/pirellisport)
- On tomorrow, the FIA, Liberty Media and the F1 Strategy Group will have a meeting in Geneva to talk about the post-2020 aero rules, overtakings, the shield, the halo, the tyre compounds, the GP weekend timetable, the F1 live events (each driver will have to attend at least 3-5 events per season), how to improve the show in F1, etc.
- The 2018 in-season testing days will take place in Barcelona (from May 15th until May 16th) and Budapest (from July 31st until August 1st). Barcelona will also host the winter tests.
- Today, Force India has announced its drivers line-up pilotes for the testing days in Budapest (from August 1st until August 2nd). http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/nikita-mazepin-and-lucas-auer-get-ready-budapest-test
- Regarding the testing days in Budapest, there will be also Kimi Räikkönen/Charles Leclerc for Ferrari, Pierre Gasly/Max Verstappen for Red Bull, Stoffel Vandoorne/Lando Norris for McLaren, Gustav Malja/Nobuharu Matsushita for Sauber, Santino Ferrucci for Haas, Sean Geleal/Carlos Sainz Jr/Daniil Kvyat for Toro Rosso, George Russell for Mercedes, Felipe Massa for Williams, Nicholas Latifi for Renault.
- If Force India changes its name in 2018, it will be for either “Force One” or “Force Racing”.
(credit pic: motorsport-magazin.com)