Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Today, Pirelli has announced the drivers’ tyre selection for Budapest. https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/887575013443870720
- From July 19th until July 20th, Stoffel Vandoorne will work on the Pirelli testing days in Magny-Cours. Today, the McLaren driver has tested the 2018 proto full wet tyres (135 laps completed). (credit: twitter.com/pirellisport)
- Today, both of Antonio Giovinazzi and Lance Stroll have tested the 2018 wet, inter and slick tyres (proto) in Silverstone. They completed 103 laps. (credit: twitter.com/pirellisport)
- Cosworth is going to come back in F1 from 2021. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/cosworth-lining-up-for-f1-return-in-2021-932464/
- Sébastien Ogier was able to achieve one of his dreams thanks to Red Bull. He drove a F1 car. https://www.redbull.com/int-en/sebastien-ogier-drives-rb7-2011-f1-car
- Today, the FIA, Liberty Media and the F1 Strategy Group have had a meeting in Geneva. The halo will be introduced in F1 in 2018 even if all the F1 teams apart from Ferrari voted against this idea. http://www.fia.com/news/f1-strategy-group-meeting-fia-confirms-halo-system-use-2018-fia-formula-one-world-championship ; http://www.fia.com/news/f1-why-halo-best-solution
- Neither Mercedes nor Ferrari want to supply engines to McLaren in 2018.
- According to Zak Brown, Fernando Alonso wants to stay in F1 in 2018.
- Sebastian Vettel thinks Ferrari needs to work more on its pace on a flying lap to improve its results in qualifying.
- According to the German newspaper “Bild”, Robert Kubica could replace Jolyon Palmer in Spa. http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/formel-1/kubica-nach-sieben-jahren-vor-comeback-52588510.bild.html
(credit pic: newscom.com)