Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- Esteban Ocon is very grateful to Mercedes and Toto Wolff for their support. He’d certainly work in a fast-food without them but his dream remains to become a Ferrari driver. http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/22-07-2017/ocon-senza-wolff-oggi-lavorerei-un-fast-food-210470548509.shtml
- Singapore is in talks with Liberty Media to extend its contract in F1. The GP promoter said that they were close to a deal.
- Today, Renault has confirmed its drivers line-up pilotes for the testing days in Budapest. https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/889398222174789632
- Today, Sauber has confirmed that Nobuharu Matsushita would take part in the testing days in Budapest. https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/nobuharu-matsushita-to-test-for-the-sauber-f1-team-at-the-hungaroring-2
- Yesterday, Jenson Button took part in the JB Trust triathlon in Derby. https://www.instagram.com/p/BW7rRpjlIyz/ (credit: instagram.com/jensonbutton_22)
- Nico Rosberg has been in California since last Monday. The F1 world champion would like to study at the university of Stanford that he visited last Saturday. https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/889061161676787712 ; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-4722130/Nico-Rosberg-laps-Californian-sun-enjoys-bike-ride.html
- Felipe Nasr will do his best to come back in F1 in 2018 but he admits that it will be hard.
- The FIA is going to be even more severe regarding the oil burn limits rule. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-imposes-fresh-oil-burn-limits-933985/
- Ralf Schumacher thinks Kimi Räikkönen deserves to stay at Ferrari in 2018. http://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000005299327.html
- According to the German newspaper “Bild”, Mercedes would wait to see what Sebastian Vettel decides for 2018 before extending the contract of Valtteri Bottas. http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/sebastian-vettel/blockiert-den-neuen-bottas-vertrag-52631052.bild.html
- Mercedes will leave DTM at the end of the next season. From 2019, they’ll race in Formula E. https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mercedes-amg-f1/mercedes-benz-commits-to-formula-e-departs-dtm/
(credit pic: belgaimage.be)