Let’s review the latest F1 news…
- From August 5th until August 6th, Oliver Rowland and Nico Hülkenberg will take part in the Gamma Racing Day in Assen. They’ll drive the 2012 Lotus E20 car repainted with Renault’s colors. https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/status/890146432614846468
- Today, McLaren has announced its drivers line-up for the testing days in Budapest. https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/890226558149025792
- Kimi Räikkönen had a puncture in Silverstone. Pirelli said that the issue wasn’t related to the tyre itself. It was neither its use. The tyre failure was caused by an external damage. http://news.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/press-release-post-silverstone-2017-2
- Here is the FIA official press conferences schedule for this weekend: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/7/fia-press-conference-schedule—hungary.html
- Here is all you need to know about the eleventh round of the 2017 season: http://www.fia.com/news/f1-formula-one-returns-hungaroring-sports-summer-break ;https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/7/Virtual_Circuit_Guide_-_Hungary.html ; https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/7/Fast_facts_-_Hungary.html ; https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2017/7/need-to-know–hungary.html
- According to the FIA, a driver will have to be able to get out of the car with the halo in 8-10s. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-autos-2018-fuenf-kilogramm-schwerer-halo-cockpitschutz-12394052.html
- Pierre Gasly believes in his chances to race at Toro Rosso in 2018.
- On the 24th of July, Mercedes announced their entry in Formula E from 2019. The German press has already found them a team manager: Nico Rosberg. Why not? http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-e-geruechte-um-rosberg-10952175.html
- Sauber will introduce some major aero upgrades in Budapest. Furthermore, they’ll have a new floor after the summer break.
- In 2021, Ilmor could return to F1 as an engine supplier if Mario Illien manages to find a partner.
- Renault denies that Robert Kubica will replace Jolyon Palmer from Spa. The Briton will keep his F1 seat until the end of the season.
- Nico Rosberg organizes a competition for his fans on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BXAd9CnDENh/ (credit: instagram.com/nicorosberg)
(credit pic: newscom.com)